Moab UT

Moab UT

Friday, October 23, 2009

Together












































I loved finding the Orthodox Church.  I came into the church when I was 30 and while I was so thankful to have found the church, I wished that I had always been a part of it.  On the other hand, I really loved being old enough to comprehend and fully experience my baptism and chrismation-a most glorious event that I recall with every single baptism and chrismation I attend.

Not yet married at the age of thirty, I felt very drawn to monasticism.  I spent many years visiting the Kazan Skete in Northern California, entreating the Lord to show me His will for my life.  This time was a most blessed time for me (and still is) and I came very close to committing myself to that monastery.  However, right before I left to spend a recommended six month stay, before selling everything  and committing myself fully, I met Justin, who would become Father Justin.  

While our courtship was challenging, we finally ended up together.  I am so thankful for my husband and our children.  Each of them plays a beautiful and important role in my salvation.  


___________________________

Yesterday, the girls and I took the day off.  Life has been a bit busy and serious as of late.  Silly stuff.  So, I realized that we needed some down time.  A little fun.  

So, we meandered throughout our day and did whatever we wanted.  We made pancakes and had them for breakfast and lunch.  We watched Black Beauty.  We took a walk.  We went to the new house and encouraged Papa in his great work.  

Papa came home, did an afternoon Vespers service and then made us his killer pasta with cream sauce.  After dinner, the girls got camera silly.  

This was all just what the doctor ordered.  

Together.