Moab UT

Moab UT

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Science Experiment


Katherine recently read in one of her publications about a science experiment using the five senses.  Of course she wanted to do the experiment.  So, I pulled out three foods for them to smell, feel, taste and listen to.  The three I chose were chili, kiwi and cumin.  

It was interesting that they all three recognized different foods.  Zoe was the first to nail the chili.  Thea got the kiwi and Katherine got the cumin.  Feeling of the foods stumped them all.  Of course tasting them was easy.  

I didn't have much time to devote to the experiment, so I allowed the girls to continue on without me.  Yes, I know.  What was I thinking?  Katherine thought it would be really funny to put cayenne in Thea's mouth.  At least she had the sense to only put a tiny bit.  Thea only cried for a few minutes.  

Here is a pic of them lining up for the experiment.