Moab UT

Moab UT

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summertime!



OK, so it's not officially summer yet, but my kids have officially checked out.  We homeschool and so my kids aren't aware of when everyone gets out of regular school, but they are checked out and ready to play nonetheless.  We'll homeschool through the summer after our trip to the NW, but with a much lighter load:  math, reading and religion.

Here in the South, it's warm and beautiful.  This is my favorite time of the year.  The girls have been in their swimming pool for about four hours.  I kid you not.  I've spent the morning going in and out.  I go out and weed for awhile and then I come in and clean for awhile.  The windows are open and it's just lovely.

Fr. Justin is making a trellis and bench for some trumpet vines in the yard.  We've all been bitten by the summer bug.  

I took the girls some lunch outside today.  They were so happy to have a picnic.  Summer foods are my favorite to eat and prepare.  I love winter fare, but salads, fruit, cheese, raw veggies, etc.,  this is how I really love to eat.  The girls eat better in the summer too.  They like raw veggies (as long as they have Fr. Justin's homemade dressing for dipping. It's an oil and vinegar with garlic and spices.)  The girls have no clue what ranch dressing is.  Thank goodness.  No offense, I myself like a good homemade ranch, but I prefer us all to eat O&V.

We had peaches (canned-not my favorite, but they were a gift and I appreciate them very much), salmon and fresh tomatoes for lunch today which the girls like, but they can't wait for me to crack open the watermelon I got this morning. I'm cooling it down a bit.  YUM!

We still have a few more weeks of schooling left.  But I couldn't resist enjoying this glorious day.  After all, this is one of the many reasons I home school.