Moab UT

Moab UT

Saturday, May 16, 2009

From the girl's playroom

This morning I was in the girl's room putting away clothes and organizing drawers, etc.  The girls were playing with an assortment of toys.  They have a creative way of putting all their toys together and making one story out of it all.  Katherine told me once a few years back that "That is just how children play".  

Anyhow, I was doing my thing and the girl's were doing their's when I overheard their play talk.  This is always good for a chuckle.  I never cease to be amazed at how kids put all they know together for one interesting story.  

So, they had polly pockets, horses, animals of all shapes and sizes, little clothes and wash cloths for blankets...  If you have kids I'm sure you know the scene.  Then I hear them talking and it was the birth of Jesus.  I think Snow White was Mary and she was holding baby Jesus as all the world out of their toy box came to see the "Great King".  The conversation was priceless.  
Thea, my four year old "Jersey Girl" (because of her charming accent that makes her sounds like she's from New Jersey).  Says in her best cabby impersonation, "Hey, He's fa you!  Hey, Hey you!  It's Jesus!  Hey, you people of Israel!  He's fa you!"

Then, Katherine is introducing all the great people, and animals, that have come from afar to meet the Baby Jesus.  I hear the different animal names in her very loving voice (the one that's used when we talk with a newborn).  Then she said  "And here is a sharp tooth to see you Baby Jesus".  "He came from far off to see you!"

I wish I had an ounce of their creativity!