Moab UT

Moab UT

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fast but fun week



I can't believe it's already Friday-again.  Seems like I was just here a couple of days ago.

We had a great week here filled with good friends, beautiful services and screaming kids.   And I loved every minute of it.

The week started with our friends coming down from Tulsa for the Synodal Divine Liturgy at St. Seraphim's in Dallas on Wednesday.  It was a very short visit:  they came in Tuesday evening, went to Liturgy Wednesday morning and then they took off back to Tulsa after the service.  So, we made the best of our time together by staying up late on Tuesday evening and talking.  This sweet family are off to seminary, with their three little children.  I guess we'll be seeing them in three years!  Pray for the Yates family, as they embark on a challenging, yet blessed life.  

Wednesday morning's service at the Cathedral in Dallas was with all the OCA Bishops and DOS priests, who had gathered in Dallas for meetings and to honor Vladyka Dmitri for his recent retirement.  The liturgy was beautiful and some of the priests in the Diocese of the South were given honorary awards for their hard work and dedication.  My beloved was one of those recipients!  Fr. Justin was awarded the gold cross.  Axios Fr. Justin!

Anyhow, our friends, The B. family came up from Houston so that Matushka could graduate from UNT with a MA in Library Science.  Of course their three screaming girls and my three screaming girls had a screaming good time-as always.  

So now it's Saturday morning and it's entirely too quiet around here.  Fr. Justin is off to Dallas to celebrate the Divine Liturgy in Slavonic for the Russian community (the girls and I usually go, but I thought three exhausted girls + one slavonic liturgy = no good for mama).  

The pics are of my favorite priest and my favorite Bishop.

Both pictures taken by Miruert Parker.  Thanks Miruert!