Moab UT

Moab UT

Friday, October 1, 2010

Coming in for a landing

We're wrapping up our hard working week around here today. Everyone is tired and a little sore. Fr. and I have some new decisions to make with the house. Seems we have some structural issues in the attic that should be attended to. Remember those wood burning stoves I was telling you about. Well, it's probably going to be wood burning stove, as in one wood stove.

Oh well.

____________________________________

Much suffering going on around me now. Please say an extra prayer tonight for the sick and the suffering, if you are able.

____________________________________


On another note, have you read "An Extraordinary Peace St. Seraphim, Flame of Sarov" by Archimandrite Lazarus (Moore)?

I've just gotten in to it, but so far it's a beautiful read.

It's one of those books that I just realized I am underlining every word. This reminder I loved:

"Immerse your mind within yourself and have activity in your heart;" in so doing, "the peace of God overshadows it and it is in a peaceful state."

I, for one, could use more peaceful states.

A blessed and joyous weekend to you!