Moab UT

Moab UT

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Update

Oh dear we're busy. A little too busy right now.

Every time I come to my blog spot to write something, I don't because of the time it will take to log in.

We are working like mad to get into our new/old house. This has been one long haul. Even as we round the corner to getting the house "livable" we are still running into things that should be done...now-not later. Gosh, how many times have we heard/said "We should do this now, not later".

I'll just saying that the ceiling is about to come down out of our living room. Now, not later...

Oh, well.

My husband is doing an amazing job on the house. It will be nice when he's done.

On a different note, I've just switched over to using Charlotte Mason for our homeschool curriculum. We are doing a bare minimum plan right now. But I must say the timing for switching over was a huge blessing. I really love C.M.'s philosophy of teaching and it has saved my sanity during the last month. Because reading is a large part of this curriculum, it's been very relaxing, entertaining and interesting for me and the girls. The books are beautiful. Katherine does a fair amount of reading herself-which she loves. So, I'm thankful for this change.

We finished our adoption classes and now begin on the gigantic application process. We have so much information to collect. I figure if I do a few pages a day we'll eventually finish.

Our home remains at the top of our to do list. So, we press on. I'll be posting pictures in a few days. We've made some great progress. Please pray for us! We have much to do and Fr. is tired. He is a busy parish priest and now a full time general contractor. He is enjoying the work, but we would like to bring some of this work to a close.

Blessed week to you all!