Moab UT

Moab UT

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Time for a new chapter



Well, we are seeing summer begin  to wind down here in the south.  It will be hot down here for awhile longer, but outdoor festivities are slowly coming to a close.  Kids are hot, tired and tan.  

We met my goddaughter and her kids at their community pool for a few hours this morning and we had the run of the place.  It was great!  We splashed, partied and ate until sleep became a must.

I still have a few more things up my sleeve before we close our own chapter on summer fun.  I will say, though, I am so ready for school to start.  The girls, too, are ready for a change and ready for a routine.  Tonight during dinner I asked Katherine what her goal for this year is, or rather what she wanted to learn about and she said history.  I asked what she was most interested in studying:  Texas, U.S. or world history and she said church history.  Thank you Lord!

Thea said "Well I just want to learn about everything!"  All-righty, I'll see if I can accommodate.

As for me, I just want a regular routine in place ASAP.  This will be tough with the renovation of our little pad down the street.   But, hopefully even with that project we can maintain a good schedule.  

A blessed school year to you all!