Moab UT

Moab UT

Friday, June 12, 2009

"Oh Dear"

Seems my week is not quite exciting enough.

Yesterday afternoon Thea calmly came and found me and reported that Katherine had been in a small accident.  Uhh-huh, how small, I wondered.  

Thea then continued to report that Katherine had stuck a nail into her foot, but thankfully she was able to pull it out.  

"Where is Katherine now, Thea?"

"Oh, she's in the bathroom, because there's blood going everywhere, even on your bathroom rug."

She reported correctly on all fronts.  Katherine had indeed rammed a rusty nail into her foot and was bleeding all over the bathroom.  

Off to the Dr. we go.  When the Dr. asked for the story, Katherine said "Let me just tell you the story, because I'll just tell it to you the way it is.  Mom will take too long."

So, she proceeded to give him the facts and ended it by saying "I just thought to myself when I poked the nail in my foot, Oh dear!"

The Dr. cracked up and said that he's sorry that we seem to be there too often as of late, but that he really loves our kids.  He says they always make him smile.

I see.  Well, no offense Doc, but we are going to try and make it awhile before we make you smile again.