Moab UT

Moab UT

Monday, March 16, 2009

The event of the year,






for my niece, that is.

This past weekend my niece was joined in matrimony with her long time boyfriend.  These two youngsters have been dating since the eighth grade, gone away to college and hoofed it to get finished with school and are now ready to start their lives together.  They both graduate in May and will be starting their careers as teachers (poor souls).  

Of course, the timing of their wedding was not so good for our immediate family, but as Fr. and I agreed, we are so glad that they are getting married, since so few people think it's important any longer.  

There were 400 people at this event!!  It was by far the largest wedding I had ever been to.  The reception was in a three floor building, with food and beverages in every direction.  It was pretty fancy.   The bride and groom seemed exceedingly happy to finally be together as man and wife.  While my brother and his wife seemed exceedingly happy that this whole event was finally over.

Of course, I had every intention of getting all sorts of really great shots.  Well, with four hundred people milling about and three very excited girls shooting off in every direction, wanting to explore every nook and cranny of the building, I didn't get very many shots.  Here are a couple of pics of  the girls as flower girls,  Fr. Justin being charmed by a little red haired beauty, the bride dancing with my parents, a group of dancing people, and Thea dancing with her friend. 

May God grant many, many years to this couple, Cade and Amanda.