Moab UT

Moab UT

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Lentils

I know, I know.  All of you who have ten hummus recipes in your recipe box probably also have ten lentil soup recipes.  But, you never know.  

This is the recipe I pull out when I have no time to make dinner.  It's fast, cheap and delicious!

Lentil Soup w/ Rosemary
Vegetarian Times

1 med. onion chopped
2 stalks celery
2 medium carrots (I put in a few more)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 cup dried, rinsed lentils
4 cup water
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (put in about 5 minutes before eating)
salt, freshly ground black pepper to taste
fresh rosemary leaves, minced

In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.  Add onion, celery, carrots, rosemary.  Cook, stirring often, until vegetables begin to soften - about 5 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until lentils are soft ~ 30 minutes.