Moab UT

Moab UT

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our Christmas





December 26th is when Fr. Justin and I celebrate Christmas with the girls.  Since we always go to my parents for Christmas day, we take the 26th for our family so we can enjoy the time together and not have to rush.

Of course, the girls wake up ready to roll at about 7:00a.m.  We only make them wait for the coffee-which is a must.  (Thank you dear husband or Bill and Vi for the great Whidbey Island coffee-YUM!  I'm not sure if my husband brought it back from his Thanksgiving trip or Bill and Vi brought it last time they were here, but it's awesome.)

Anyhow,  the girls got great gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Ocean and since I knew they would get all toys from my parents, we stayed with educational types of toys.  I got some great deals at the thrift store on wooden toys.  Katherine got her microscope, which I may regret some day. :)  Thea got a new school desk.  Zoe got puzzles, baby toys and a cute fabric Noah's ark with fabric animals that stuff inside.  

After the chaos subsided, Papa made an awesome breakfast!  Eggs, bacon and scones!  

The icing on the cake was a visit from our friends from down in south Texas.  Fr. Basil, his Matushka Dea and their three girls, yes I said girls, came up for the night.  It was an evening of running and giggling and a major slumber party.  We also had a great visit with Fr. and Matushka after the kids passed out.  We love it when they visit!

The pics are Christmas morning pics here at our house and the slumber party.  Check out the fancy attire on the girls Christmas morning.  I think they slept in those outfits!