Moab UT

Moab UT

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A day on the lake






Last weekend we went to a crawfish boil fundraiser for our local area women's monastery "The Nativity of our Lord". It was great fun and the setting was beautiful. The couple who hosted the fundraiser held it at their house on Lake Tawakoni, out in East Texas.

The girls ate hot dogs, swam in the lake and in the hot tub, went for boat rides, jumped in the lake off the pier. It was a fun day for them.

I grew up on Lake Texoma, a very large and beautiful lake in North Texas. Being on the lake brought back such sweet memories of my childhood. During the summer we would camp every single weekend. And through the week, while my dad was working, my mom would load up the neighborhood kids and take us all to the lake. (I'm not sure I would have the nerve to take all the neighborhood kids to the lake myself, but she seemed happy to do it.)

Anyhow, a great time was had by all.

I took a few pics of the boat ride, Katherine jumping off the pier and Thea loving floating around in the lake and a happy wet Zoe.

(I shan't mention that lake Tawakoni is known for it's unusually large population of water mocassin snakes. Did you just shudder? I did.)