Moab UT

Moab UT

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ahhhhhhhh...

Did you hear that? That was a huge sigh of relief. Fr. and I are finished with the apartment behind our house that burned in January.

Fr. Justin has worked tirelessly on that house and it looks great. Of course our back yard looks like a landfill and the inside of our house is filled with scrap lumber and all sorts of trash from the apartment. But the inside of the apartment is lovely. Well done Fr.!

We'll spend the next week or so cleaning up a bit...OK a lot. Then, it's back to work on the main house.

I tried to get Fr. to take a couple of weeks off but no deal. He's ready to get going again on our house. I sort of feel the same way. I thought I'd be really burned out but I'm actually motivated to get finished with the rest, to move, to make our house a home.

I'm ready to start packing. I'm ready to start purging. There seems to be a lot of talk lately on blogs and with friends (we have three newborns in our parish and another on the way, so there's been a lot of nesting going on around here!) of clean homes and simplicity and it's gotten me in the mood. Now if I can just stay in the mood.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. They are felt.