Moab UT

Moab UT

Thursday, January 21, 2010

S Prazdnikom!


Today is our Patronal feast day at my church. St. Maximus the Confessor is our Patron Saint and what a glorious saint he is!

By an outpouring of the Holy Spirit
thou didst pour forth Christ's sacred teachings,
Thou didst expound with Divine authority
the self-emptying of God the Word
and wast radiant in thy confession of the True Faith.
O, Glorious Father Maximus
pray to Christ our God
to grant us His great mercy.
Troparion, tone 3

It also happens to be Miss. Katherine's 8th birthday!!! I'm telling you, this motherhood thing goes at breakneck speed. I can't believe that she is 8! My baby is growing up! Thank you Lord for this precious little girl. She truly is a Jewel (which happens to be her middle name, which was also my grandmother's name).

It's a real feast and celebration around here today! I'll post pictures later. For now there's ice cream to eat!