Moab UT

Moab UT

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The feast draws nigh!




A few more days and we will be celebrating the feast of Nativity!  

I am ready.  The groceries are bought, the cards and gifts are wrapped and mailed.  

We decorated the tree on Sunday evening.  The girls are beside themselves with joy.  

Tomorrow we'll decorate the church and our home.  We will start baking sweets after we decorate the church.  Thursday we'll have several services and end the day with Holy Supper with our parishioners.  Friday morning we'll wake up, have liturgy and go to my mom and dad's for the day with my brothers and their families.  This is a precious time.  

I thank God for all that He has given to our family.  Living at the rectory, we see a steady stream of people who are hungry, sick, alone, confused, strung out, sad, the list goes on and on.  I feel so blessed to be able to put food on our table three times a day.  I feel blessed to have clean clothes and a washer an dryer in my home.  I feel blessed to have a warm home and a bed, a hot shower, our health, two cars!  I pray I never forget to give thanks for all that God has given to us.  I pray I never forget to ask forgiveness for forgetting to give thanks!

May you all have a glorious week leading up to the feast of the Nativity of our Lord.  May we all remember to give thanks for the great goodness and wealth God has given us.