Moab UT

Moab UT

Friday, September 25, 2009

But first!





OK, I know that I promised pictures of our new house, but first I have to say that there have been several major events take place around our house that I should mention.  

First, my little Miss Zoe turned three on Elevation  of the Cross!   I can't believe that she is three! I'm sure I don't have to say that it was a low key evening for us-given all that is going on around here as of late.  

We actually celebrated on the day before, since the feast is always a fast.  So, we went to chips and cheese (mexican food) and then came home for ice cream and presents.  Nice, quiet and memorable-just the way I like it.  

Then, Thea came in to my room late one night and in her quiet voice asked simply "If I swallowed my toof, would you need to take me to the Dr. tonight, or would you wait until the morning?"  

Me:  "I wouldn't take you at all."
T.:  "How would I get my toof?"
Me:  "You probably won't see it again."
T.:  "That's sad.  Nite nite Mommy."
Me:  "Goodnight love."

Moments later she came running into my room excited that she had not swallowed her "toof" after all, it had fallen into her bed.  

So, now Thea is looking more different than ever.  She is missing a front tooth and is about to be missing two.  I'm telling you this growing up stuff is bittersweet for me.  

The girls and I have been attending another area Orthodox Church for Liturgy and their co-op on Thursdays.  This has been a real blessing for us all.  They have set aside Thursday's as a day that all children can sing in the choir.  This is huge for Katherine as she has longed to sing in the choir for as long as I can remember.  We've enjoyed worshipping and fellowshipping with people we rarely get to see.  The girls both love the co-op and playing with friends.  Katherine is attending a class where they are working on "Journaling throughout the Liturgical Year", by Barbara Shukin, and then both Katherine and Thea are doing a Science class, where they are doing "Little Labs". 

Now, about those house pictures.  I haven't taken them yet.  I give you my word, I will do some shooting today.  The sun came out this morning (it's been a bit grey around these parts lately) which will make for nicer pictures.  Believe me, I  need all the help I can get in making our little place look, um, better.  

A blessed day to you all!