Moab UT

Moab UT

Friday, December 12, 2008

Time to get cozy



Around this time every year I start to take my house apart and clean.  I only really enjoy cleaning when I can take everything out of  the pantry and wipe it down or take everything out of the linen closet and refold it.  Why is that?  I'm not interested in the day to day cleaning stuff.  This is why when we are having people over for dinner, I start cleaning out the utility closet instead of just simply vacuuming the living room.  Then about two hours before the guests are to arrive and the utility closet looks fabulous, I start freaking out because the living room is a disaster.  

Anyhow, Fr. Justin took a little retreat to the monastery this week so the girls and I took advantage and did a little rearranging.  I felt that our living room needed a bit of cozying up. For those of you who are wondering about the paint color for the living area,  we decided on new paint for the living area, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.  

First we broke out the vacuum and then we got out the rags to polish.  Well, with Thea polishing and Katya vacuuming, I had nothing to do (yeah, right).  So, I started scheming.  For those of  you who know me know what I am about to say.  Yep, we rearranged-again.  You see, I have this addiction of constantly rearranging rooms.  About every six months I'll rearrange one of the rooms.  It keeps things fresh and it's fun to see how many different ways I can rearrange a room.  Anyhow, the first pic is of how our living room looks now, then the second is how it looked before.  

When Fr. Justin came home, he just laughed.  He's all too familiar with my innocent question:  "Hey do you have a second?"  You should have seen the three of us moving things around.  The girls had a great time.  Of course, so did I since I had a great reason to not do the laundry.