Moab UT

Moab UT

Monday, October 8, 2007

Eis polla eti despota!!



Our beloved Archbishop Dmitri came to visit our parish yesterday. As always, it was a wonderful day. I wish everyone could know this man. He is a blessing in my life and in so many other's, I'm sure.

He came to us at 9:00a.m. and stayed until 2:30. We had a beautiful hierarchical liturgy with a glorious feast afterward. Everyone enjoyed his visit. He is a true Texan with great southern hospitality and charm. He simply doesn't know a stranger and makes everyone feel welcome and at home.

Katya did present him flowers (after changing her mind about four times before he got here). :)

I tried to use my camera, but my one year old was extremely busy. Other parishoners tooks photos that I will try to share, but I did get a couple.

The two pics here are of our much loved priest (who also happens to be my husband) receiving the Kamilavka. This is an award given to priests for dedication and hard work, among other reasons. He is completely deserving of such an award, in my very biased opinion. He works tirelessly for our parish, as well as the Russian community in Dallas. For those of you who want to know more about this award, you can visit orthodoxwiki.org. The other photo is of Vladyka and Fr. Justin while Vladyka was talking with our parish.

Many years to Fr. Justin! I love you! Your Wife.

If you want to see other photos, you can go to our the Diocese of the South website: www.dosoca.org